MAPLE LEAF Tennis Safe Play Guidelines
1. If you feel ill or have had recent contact with a person who has tested positive you are advised to stay at home.
2. Practice social distancing by keeping a minimum of 6 feet apart.
Do not make physical contact with other players (such as shaking hands or a high five).
When playing doubles coordinate with your partner to maintain physical distancing.
Maintain physical distancing if changing ends of the court.
Remain apart from other players when taking a break.
3 .To the degree possible avoid touching court gates, fences, benches, etc.
4. Wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer before going into the court.
5. Use new balls if possible. You may choose to use your own balls when serving.
Avoid using your hands to pick up balls.
Avoid touching your face after handling a ball, racquet or other equipment.
6. It is recommended that for your own and other players safety you keep a diary of your games, including dates and fellow players names. In the event that there is a positive test for COVID 19, that information will be helpful in expediting contact tracing.
7. Spectator viewing is permitted provided social distancing is practiced. Mask use is strongly recommended when close contact is unavoidable.
Play safe, take precautions as you are responsible for your own safety. If you feel apprehensive about playing with people outside your own group, you may choose not to participate.